This article is dedicated to explain you on how to quit/close an app on Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 7.5 Smartphone.
- If you are running a single app and want to quit it, just tap the back button and you will move out to the main menu.
- You can also tap the Start button to get out of the app but it will leave the app running in the background. You can use this option in case the app hangs down. You can later shut down the app from the Settings.
This Windows 7 based smart phone has a capability to run a maximum of 5 apps at one time. So, while you are busy at one of the apps, the rest of them are in a suspended state in the background.
- You can switch on to the other apps by holding down the back key for some seconds and all the apps running in the background will appear in the task list.
- Swipe left or right and select the app you want to switch to.
- If you want to close all the apps, tap the back button while switching on to each one step by step.
Closing Background Tasks related to an App:
If an app is not running, it is still active in the background. So, if you want to lower down your battery consumption, then you might need to disable that app. The detailed procedure to do that has been listed:
- For closing background tasks, go to Settings.
- Go to Applications → Background Tasks and select the app you want to disable.
- Once disabled, that app is no longer on your phone battery support.