This article is dedicated to guide you on how to delete multiple contacts on a Nokia Lumia Smart phone.
Currently, it is not possible in any Windows based phone to delete multiple contacts at one time from the phone. You can delete contacts one by one individually but it is not preferred and also removes your contacts from your Windows Live account. However, you can follow one of the following ways to do so:
All Windows based phones are synchronized with Windows Live account of the user. With Windows Live ID, you can download content from Marketplace, back up your contacts, upload, store and share pictures and documents on Microsoft Skydrive and much more. Therefore, it is recommended to all the Windows phone users to create one. Also, there are many tools which can only be accessed from your Windows Live account and one of them is ‘Deleting multiple contacts’. This is because in any Windows phone, all your contacts are primarily stored in your Windows Live account and then synced from there.
Here is a step by step procedure to remove multiple contacts from your Windows Live account:
- Connect your phone with your PC with USB cable connector.
- Open your internet browser and log in to your account on Windows Live at www.live.com.
- Then, from the outlook tab, switch to People Hub.
- Select Manage and go to clean contacts.
- From there, you can remove all the contacts you want.
If you don’t want to go that far, you can also reset your phone and create a new Windows Live account. That will also remove all your contacts. But remember that first, you will not have any choice to keep some of the contacts and second, all your backup data will also be lost.
Delete a Group:
Though there is no option available to delete multiple contacts, still Windows allows users to create Groups of contacts. With Groups created, you can send a message to all the contacts in that group with a single tap. So, if you want to delete all the contacts of a particular group, you can do that as follows:
- Go to ‘People’ hub and select the Group you want to delete.
- Tap the ellipsis icon (…) at the bottom of the screen.
- Select delete and tap it once again for conformation.