This article is dedicated to guide you on how to share documents on a Nokia Lumia Smart phone.
With the Microsoft Office Mobile app in the phone, there is just no going back to any other platform to handle your documents. But office comprises of a no. of persons that combine to complete a given task. Therefore, it is required for you to share these documents with your colleagues directly from the phone to achieve fast collaboration. This Windows based smart phone does exactly that with Share Point Workspace Mobile and Windows Live Sky Drive.
Share Point Workspace Mobile:
This web app allows the users to browse, send, edit and synchronize your documents online as well as collaborate on projects, schedules, documents and files to achieve simultaneous development from all sides. Here is a step by step guide on how to use this app:
- From the list of applications, select Office and go to locations.
- Select SharePoint and enter the web address of one of the SharePoint sites you have an account on, and select go.
- When you select a document, a copy is downloaded to your phone.
- Then you can view or edit the document as per your requirements, and then save your changes.
- To return to SharePoint Workspace Mobile, press the back button.
- To keep an offline copy of a document on your phone, select and hold the document, and select always stay offline.
Windows Live Sky Drive:
This web hosting service allows users to upload and sync data to cloud storage that can be accessed using your Web browser on any device.
Here is a step by step guide on how to upload your Office documents with the help of Windows Live Sky Drive:
- First, ensure that you are signed to your Windows Live Account. If you don’t have one, you can create it here www.live.com
- Select Office in the apps menu and go to Locations.
- Select Phone.
- Select and hold the file you want to upload and tap Share.