This article will guide you on how to transfer contacts on your New Nokia Lumia.
There are many ways to transfer contacts to your new Nokia Lumia depending on where they are currently being stored. They can be stored in your old phone, any online service or your PC as well. We will provide you a detailed solution for each one of these three cases:
1. FROM YOUR OLD PHONE:
If you want to transfer contacts from your old phone, then first you need to determine whether your old phone operated with or without a SIM card.
So, there are further two cases and we will give you a detailed step by step procedure for each one:
To import contacts from SIM card:
For importing your contacts from a SIM card, first you need to create a Windows Live account so that all the contacts will automatically be synced with that account and won’t be deleted from the SIM. Otherwise, your contacts will be stored in your phone memory. You can create your Windows Live account here www.live.com
Follow these steps to import contacts from your SIM card:
- In the app menu, tap People.
- Then, select More (…), and tap Settings.
- Tap Import SIM contacts and follow the instructions.
To import contacts from Phone Memory:
If your contacts are stored in Phone memory of old phone, you can use the Contacts Transfer app in Nokia Lumia. All you need is that your old phone must be Bluetooth supported.
Here is the detailed procedure:
- Make sure that Bluetooth is switched ‘ON’ on your old phone.
- On the start screen of your new phone, go to the apps menu, and select Contacts Transfer.
- Select Continue, and switch Bluetooth on.
- Search for the devices and select the one you want to transfer the contacts from.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
2. TO IMPORT CONTACTS FROM AN ONLINE SERVICE:
If your contacts are stored on an online service like Windows Live, Google or even any social networking site like Facebook, Twitter, etc. then all you need to do is just set up that account on your phone and all your contacts will be synced automatically.
- To setup the account on your phone, follow these steps:
- From the start screen, go to apps menu, select Settings, and then tap Email + accounts.
- Tap Add an account, tap Windows Live.
- If this is your first time signing with a Windows Live ID yet during setup, the before you sign in screen appears. On this screen, tap Next.
- Enter your Windows Live ID in the Email address box and password in the password box.
- Tap Sign in.
- Your Windows Live email, contacts, calendar, etc. will be synced to your phone.
3. TO IMPORT CONTACTS FROM YOUR PC:
- If you want to sync contacts and calendar information to your Windows Phone using Microsoft Office Outlook, you may follow the steps below:
- Create a Windows Live ID if you don’t already have one. You can create it here www.live.com
- On your PC, install a free tool called Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector.
- In Microsoft Outlook on your PC, use Outlook Hotmail Connector to add your Window Live account to Outlook, and then copy your contacts and calendar from Outlook into Windows Live.